Maintaining Quality of Life: LewisGale Hospital Pulaski Offers Free Healthy Aging Series
March 30, 2012
Pulaski, VA, March 30, 2011 – For the second year in a row, LewisGale Hospital Pulaski is offering its healthy aging series aimed at helping those 50 and older live healthier lives. These monthly sessions will cover a range of topics from developing healthy behaviors to coping with multiple chronic conditions.
“Our educational series was so successful last year, we wanted to give even more people access to this free health information,” said Darlene Edwards, program coordinator. “We picked topics this year that will help many seniors improve their quality of life.”
Participants can expect to hear from experts in various fields including physicians, nurses, dietitians, and social workers.
“This series is just one more way we are helping our patients and the community achieve the best health outcomes,” said Mark Nichols, CEO, LewisGale Hospital Pulaski. “Our goal is to help more people live longer, healthier lives.”
The free sessions will be held each month from 12 to 1 p.m. in the L. Brinkley Eure Education Building. Attendees will also receive a light lunch. To register, call Consult-A-Nurse® at 877-242-2362.
- April 17 - Safety Issues in the Home Related to Chronic Health Conditions
- April 19 - Living with Arthritis
- May 17 - Mental Health: What to Expect as You Grow Older
- June 21 - COPD: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- July 19 - Bacteria and Viruses: The Cancer Connection
- August 16 - Managing Diabetes
- September 20 - Living with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- October 18 - Managing Multiple Chronic Conditions: A Physician’s Perspective
About LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
LewisGale Hospital Pulaski is part of the LewisGale Regional Health System which includes 38 HCA-owned patient care facilities including 4 hospitals, 2 regional cancer centers, 6 outpatient centers and affiliations with nearly 700 physicians, including 135 employed providers and 550 independent physicians. With 3100 employees, its annual payroll is $220.5 million. The system also paid $33 million in taxes and provided more than $86 million in uncompensated care to those most in need in 2010 alone. LewisGale is also part of HCA Virginia, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare provider in the Commonwealth with more than 13,000 employees. For more information see www.lewisgale.com.
- Our Quality
- Charity Care
- HCA Virginia Health System
- President's Message
- Medical Center Videos
- Maps & Directions
- Welcome to LewisGale Medical Center
- Quality of Care Scores
- Nursing Shared Governance
- Board of Directors
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Contact Us
- About ER Wait Times