While the LewisGale name has been synonymous with personal service and compassionate care for over a century, we’re also proud of our reputation for providing the highest quality of medical care—care that’s consistently recognized nationally for patient safety, satisfaction and health outcomes.
LewisGale: Recognized for Quality of Care
- All four LewisGale hospitals were named Top Performers for quality care by The Joint Commission in its first-time report in 2011. The Joint Commission is the nation’s predominant standard-setting and accrediting body in health care. Learn more about this prestigious recognition.
- We’re ranked among the top in the nation by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in “Core Measures” for:
- Heart Attack or Chest Pain Process of Care
- Surgical Care Improvement Project
- Heart Failure Process of Care
- Pneumonia Process of Care
- LewisGale Regional Cancer Centers at Salem and Pulaski are accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer with numerous commendations. Learn more about this outstanding achievement.
- All four of our hospitals have fully accredited chest pain centers.
- LewisGale Medical Center has a fully accredited stroke center.
Performance Measured in Black & White
Today as never before, information is available to help healthcare consumers gauge the quality of care provided by hospitals and to compare facilities based on consistent and objective criteria. These criteria are called core measures, established as standards of care by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
LewisGale is dedicated to providing the highest quality of healthcare to our patients—and our pursuit of excellence shows. View and compare our latest quality of care scores as reported by the CMS:
Our Commitment to Patient Safety
Patient safety is a top priority at LewisGale. We continually work to ensure the highest level of patient safety at all facilities—using best practices, improved technology and increasing involvement of patients in their own healthcare. Every member of our staff is dedicated to:
- Providing you with a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Performing his or her job carefully and competently
- Using safe and effective practices and technologies
- Responding to your wants and needs in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely communications between caregivers and patients by answering questions about your treatment and your health, providing you with specific information about your care and explaining changes in your treatment
Infection prevention is a serious challenge facing healthcare organizations around the world. LewisGale and our parent company HCA are at the forefront of the ongoing effort to protect patients from infections during their hospital stay.
Learn more about our corporate infection prevention programs.