Here, find out about the anatomy of the heart and blood vessels, their normal functions, and what happens when things go wrong. This section gives a basic overview of cardiovascular health and is a good place to start before consulting the rest of this center's resources.
Cardiovascular Health 101
Cardiovascular Health 201
Cardiovascular Health Glossary
Videos and Animations
- Coping with the challenges of heart failure
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- Heart surgery - reducing future risk factors
- The Pacemaker imlant procedure
- Treating atrial fibrillation
- Understanding cholesterol levels
- Understanding heart failure
- What is a stent?
- What is angina pectoris?