Here are prevention and treatment options
(HealthDay News) -- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is an umbrella term that describes long-term lung diseases including emphysema and bronchitis.
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute names these possible treatment options for COPD:
- Use an inhaled medication, including a bronchodilator or steroid drug.
- Attend pulmonary rehabilitation to help you learn how to manage symptoms.
- Exercise to improve strength and breathing.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid pollution when possible.
- Use oxygen therapy.
- Have lung surgery to treat severe COPD.