When you contribute just four hours a week, you can make a big difference in the lives of patients, visitors and staff at LewisGale Hospital Montgomery — and you’ll probably notice how much you benefit, too! Volunteers at LewisGale help us do more of what we do best — provide high-quality and cost effective healthcare services, enhance patient care and satisfaction and extend our services deeper into the community.
Ready to serve? We’re always looking for gracious and cooperative spirits who have a sincere desire to help others and who can maintain total patient confidentiality. You’ll join our staff of friendly folks who are adaptable, flexible and completely dependable. You can begin serving as a junior volunteer once you reach age 14.
You may be just the right person to:
- Manage the information desk, transfer incoming calls to patient rooms, provide directions to visitors and patients
- Deliver flowers, postal mail and printouts of email messages to patients
- Provide community information and serve beverages and cookies to families in our waiting areas
- Assist in patient discharge, fill water pitchers, visit with patients and family members, carry out errands for nursing staff
- Serve as clerical support in non-patient departments
Become a Volunteer
Apply to become an adult volunteer by downloading and filling out these forms:
When you turn 14, you can apply for a volunteer position by downloading and completing the Junior Volunteer Application. You must also submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or an adult who is not a family member. In addition, include a copy of your immunization record and a signed copy of the Junior Volunteer Program Required Responsibilities and the Parental Consent Form.
If you’re a college student, submit the completed College Student Volunteer Application and one letter of recommendation from a current professor.
As the need arises, the applicants qualified for the available positions, will be contacted by the Manager of Volunteer Services, to schedule a formal interview. New volunteers participate in an orientation session and on-the-job training with one of our valued veteran volunteers.
Email us today or call (540) 953-5291 and learn how you can join the LewisGale Hospital Montgomery family of volunteers.