Join Our Top-Notch, Patient-Focused Team
At LewisGale Regional Health System, our physicians make an impact every day as integral partners in one of the nation’s leading hospital systems—recognized for its advanced, evidence-based practices and commitment to compassionate patient care.
Affiliating with LewisGale means you benefit from a progressive atmosphere with a tradition of high-quality care and innovation. Our hospitals support physician practices with advanced technology and information systems. Located in beautiful Southwest Virginia, we offer a healthy living and working environment in affordable, welcoming communities.
LewisGale Regional Health System
LewisGale is a regional network of locally managed healthcare facilities including four hospitals, two regional cancer centers, six outpatient centers and affiliations with 700 physicians representing a wide range of disciplines and specialties. LewisGale Regional Health System is part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), the nation’s leading healthcare provider with over 160 hospitals and more than 100 surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain.
Our Southwest Virginia hospitals include:
- LewisGale Medical Center – Located in Salem, this 506-bed facility has provided advanced medical care for the people of the Roanoke Valley and Southwest Virginia for more than 100 years. As the regional referral center for LewisGale Regional Health System, the Medical Center serves patients throughout the system with highly specialized procedures in cardiac care, neurosurgery, orthopedic and spine care and the latest in cancer treatments.
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany – The first rural hospital in the state to be recognized as an accredited Chest Pain Center, this 190-bed facility is located in Low Moor. Services include a Fast Track treatment process, advanced imaging services, a comprehensive Women’s Center, a stand-alone geriatric psychiatry unit and orthopedic care.
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery – A 146-bed acute care facility in Blacksburg, LewisGale Montgomery provides advanced diagnostic imaging, medical, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric, emergency, cardiac, orthopedic and outpatient services.
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski – Located in the New River Valley, LewisGale Pulaski services include a cancer center, women’s health care, cardiac rehabilitation, emergency care, orthopedics, surgical services, physical therapy and more.
At LewisGale, you can choose the type of affiliation that works best for you:
- Employment (solo, group or multidisciplinary)
- Medical staff privileges
- Joint venture relationship (outpatient)
Whether you’re an experienced physician wishing to relocate, a local physician seeking medical staff privileges or a medical school graduate finishing a residency or fellowship, we welcome your inquiry. Income assistance is available for eligible relocating physicians.
We offer a comprehensive array of services—from primary to specialized care—to meet your patient care needs and interests. Our advanced capabilities and facilities include:
- Two accredited cancer centers
- Cardiac diagnostic and interventional care, including cardiovascular and thoracic surgery
- Neurosurgery and orthopedic, vascular and general surgery
- Maternity care, rehabilitation and behavioral health Centers of Excellence
- Specialty centers for diabetes, wound care, breast care, digestive diseases and assisted reproductive services
- Accredited Chest Pain Centers
All patients have access to LewisGale Medical Center, our tertiary facility, though a 24/7 patient transfer system and air transport capabilities.
LewisGale resources available to support your practice include:
- Hospitalist programs
- Specialty and subspecialty in-hospital consultation
- Advanced diagnostic imaging services, including PET scan, 64- and 16-slice CT, 1.5T and 3T MRI and digital mammography
- Bedside barcode technology to ensure proper medication dispensing
- Electronic order management for inputting and transmitting medication and patient orders
A Collaborative Culture
We encourage open and ongoing communication with our physicians. Our Physician Sales and Retention Team is charged with listening and identifying concerns, then resolving them quickly and effectively.
Through our Service Line Strategy, teams of physicians, hospital administrators and clinical managers focus on improving patient care and outcomes by emphasizing open dialogue and team decision-making.
Practice With Us
Become part of our award-winning team of healthcare professionals by exploring PracticeWithUs.com. Job listings are updated regularly, so check back often.
- Investigate physician careers at LewisGale.
- Learn more about HCA rewards and benefits available to LewisGale healthcare providers.
- Get in on the excitement of living in Southwest Virginia. You’ll love it here!
hCare Access for Apps
When you join the professional staff at LewisGale, you’re able to download applications for desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones through hCare Access, HCA’s remote computer application access portal.