Registration & Billing/Insurance
Before you receive services at our facility, you must visit one of our Registration Departments so that your Medical Center account can be established. In order to create an account for you, we'll need to talk with you to obtain information that is necessary for us to file your insurance claim.
For your convenience, there are four Registration areas at the Medical Center.
Hours: 5:40 a.m to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (Closed on weekends and holidays)
Location: First Floor of the Medical Center near the Main Entrance
Services: Inpatients, Observation, Ambulatory (Outpatient) Surgery and other outpatients (except for Emergency, Radiology or Psychiatric patients)
Hours: 24 hour coverage
Location: Emergency Department in front of the Medical Center
Service: Emergency patients (and inpatients when the Admitting Department is closed)
Hours: 7:00a.m. - 9:00p.m. (weekdays; occasional weekends)
Location: Basement level of the Medical Center (across from the Radiology Department)
Service: Radiology patients (and other outpatients when the Admitting Department is closed)
Hours: 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. (weekdays; closed on weekends)
Location: Lewis-Gale Center for Behavioral Health and Rehabilitative Services
Services: Inpatient and outpatients requiring Psychiatric or Physical Rehabilitation services
These are things you need to know about your registration when you visit the Medical Center. You will be asked to do the following:
- Sign a Consent Form (which gives us permission to treat you)
- Sign a Financial Agreement (which authorizes us to bill your Insurance Company to insure payment of your account)
- Sign a Confidentiality Form (we offer this service to patients who wish for no one to be aware of their stay or visit at our facility)
- Have available all current insurance cards (we will need to copy cards to assist us with filing your claim)
- Have available your current Driver's License (we will ask your permission to copy your Driver's License for identification pruposes)
- Present any Physician's orders that you may have been given (Outpatients only)
- Receive a copy of our facility's Rights and Responsibilities and our Patient Complaint Process
- Sign a notrice of Non-coverage Form (if we know at the time of registration that your Insurance Company will not cover certain services, we will inform you and ask that you sign this form as an agreement to pay for any non-covered services)
If you are a Medicare or Tricare (Champus) patient, you may also be asked to do the following:
- Answer questions relative to Medicare as a Secondary Payor (this information is required by Medicare)
- Receive an Important Message from Medicare or Tricare (Champus) relative to your rights if you feel you are being discharged too soon. Tricare patients must sign this form as an acknowledgment of receipt.
- Sign an Advance Beneficiary Notice (this is an agreement to pay for outpatient services that Medicare has determined to be not medically necessary for the reason for your visit)
If you are scheduled for service at our facility, someone may contact you prior to your arrival to obtain required information - if we can obtain advance information, this will insure that you spend a shorter time during the Registration process.
Billing & Payment Arrangements
There are Financial Coordinators at the Medical Center that are available to assist you with your account prior to your service, during your stay or upon discharge. After treatment or discharge, accounts are handled at our Central Business Office in Richmond, Virginia. You may contact Richmond Patient Account services if you have questions concerning your bill at 1-866-272-2892 (toll free).
At LewisGale Medical Center, we are committed to providing you with the best available healthcare along with convenient and reliable billing services.
If you have questions regarding your account and wish to speak to a customer service representative, you may call us toll free at 1-866-272-2892 Monday through Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Payments or Inquiries should be mailed to:
Richmond Patient Account Services:
LewisGale Medical Center
7300 Beaufont Springs Drive
Richmond, Va 23225
Payments may be made online by clicking the online pay button further down the page.*
It is important to remember your hospital bill covers services provided by the hospital: room, nursing care, meals, housekeeping and linen. It may also include services ordered by your physician: x-rays, laboratory tests, medical supplies and oxygen. The bill does not include charges for your personal physician, surgeon, anesthesiologist, pathologist, emergency physician, radiologist, or other physician assistants. You will receive separate bills from these physicians.
We hope our billing office can resolve any questions that you may have. LewisGale Medical Center looks forward to serving you in the future.
* As you are aware, general Internet e-mail is inherently not secure. We are currently in the process of enhancing this e-mail service and recommend that items considered confidential or private in nature not be communicated through e-mail at this time (i.e., Social Security Numbers, Diagnosis Information, Credit Card Numbers, etc.). When conveying confidential or private information, please contact the Business Office directly at the phone number listed on your statement.
All payment and account information obtained in other areas of our web site is encrypted or encoded securing the information so it can only be read by the intended recipients.
- Patients & Visitors
- Maps & Directions
- Phone Directory
- Community Hotline Numbers
- Pay Bill Online
- Registration & Billing/Insurance
- Classes & Events
- Baby Gallery
- Health Videos
- Sweet Blessings Videos
- Valet Parking
- Order Flowers
- Patient E-mail Service
- Patient & Family Services Directory
- Online Pre Registration
- Managed Care
- Advance Directives