Following a heart attack or heart surgery, or if you live with coronary artery disease—including chest pain (angina)—or congestive heart failure, your doctor will likely recommend cardiac rehabilitation to help you recover, manage your condition and return to healthy living. Our comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program and dedicated staff support you and your family every step of the way as you make important lifestyle adjustments after a cardiac event or diagnosis.
Your First Choice for Cardiac Rehabilitation
LewisGale Regional Health System offers inpatient, outpatient and maintenance options in cardiac rehab tailored for your specific needs in consultation with your physician. Our conveniently located programs include:
- Personalized exercise plans
- Access to certified exercise physiologists (specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation), certified exercise specialists, registered nurses, dietitians and other professionals as needed
- Educational programs to help you understand your condition and how to avoid future heart problems
- Individual and group counseling to help you tackle tough problems such as obesity, smoking, hypertension and diabetes
- emWave Stress Relief System with HeartMath, new healthcare tools that teach self-regulation techniques for stress reduction and emotional management to help you break the cycle of stress in your life
- Heart-healthy nutrition classes and one-on-one counseling with our registered dietitians
Explore LewisGale rehabilitation services.
How You Benefit from Cardiac Rehab
When you participate in our cardiac rehabilitation program, you’ll learn to:
- Recognize symptoms of heart disease and when to seek medical attention
- Begin a personalized exercise program designed to fit your needs
- Work toward your ideal body weight and cholesterol level through physical activity and good nutrition
- Return to your regular work and leisure activities
- Reduce your risk factors and chances of future heart attack
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle with the help of your cardiac rehabilitation team
Start Right Now
Physician referral is required for rehab services. Ask your doctor when you can begin. You may be required to take a treadmill stress test as a baseline for creating the exercise program that will be most effective for you.
Many insurance carriers cover the costs of our monitored cardiac rehab services. You may be responsible for a co-payment. Questions regarding reimbursement should be referred to your insurance carrier.
Heart Health & Wellness
If you have heart disease or risk factors for heart disease, your doctor may prescribe your participation in our supervised exercise program. In this 24-session, eight-week, minimal cost per visit program, you’ll receive personalized education on heart disease and risk factors so you can continue to create and maintain a healthy life.
Our cardiac support groups bring together people facing similar challenges—life after heart attack, the need to make healthy lifestyle adjustments, living with congestive heart failure, a pacemaker or other cardiac assist device and more. Learn from others’ experiences and share your own.
Find a LewisGale cardiac support group or call Consult-A-Nurse for information.