LewisGale’s network of hospitals offers unparalleled ER care. We have four convenient ER locations and ER wait times you can check online or by texting "ER"to 23000. Our staff of board-certified emergency medicine doctors, nurses certified in advanced cardiac life support and specially trained support staff stands ready 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide you with high quality, compassionate care.
We understand that when it comes to emergencies, even a few minutes make a difference for ill or injured patients. That’s why we equip our emergency departments with experienced doctors, the latest technology and efficient but thorough procedures. Learn more about what to expect when you’re coming to the ER.
Your First Choice for Emergency Care
For a multitude of reasons, our network of locations and emergency expertise make us the smart choice for your ER care:
- For your convenience, multiple ER locations, short wait times and Fast Track ER for minor illnesses and injuries
- All four LewisGale Hospitals in the Roanoke Valley/Salem, Alleghany, and the New River Valley are among a select group of hospitals in the United States to be named Accredited Chest Pain Centers by the Society of Chest Pain Centerssetting the standard for excellence in emergency heart care.
- As a Level III trauma center, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery is equipped to provide 24-hour care for critically injured patients
- Board-certified physicians and nurses and clinical staff certified in emergency medicine and emergency nursing
- Critical care and cardiac emergency bays to treat patients when every second counts
- Comprehensive testing, imaging and lab services onsite
Primary ER Services
Our ERs provide specialized treatment day and night for emergencies including:
- Pediatric care — because we know the littlest of patients need special care. To give you added peace of mind, we also utilize the specialized Artemis children's medication delivery system at all of our locations.
- Heart attack
- Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Bone injuries
- Fast Track ER for your minor illness and injuries
RESPOND Crisis Line for Emotional and Mental Health Needs
RESPONDour free, 24-hour crisis line for assistance, assessment and referrallets you talk with a trained mental health professional any time of the day or night. Wherever you live in Southwest Virginia, get immediate, free evaluation/assessment and 24-hour access at approved facilities and LewisGale hospital emergency rooms by calling RESPOND at 540.776.1100 or 1.800.541.9992.
Learn more about RESPOND.