When your heart needs surgery, trust it to the experts at LewisGale Regional Health System. Our cardiothoracic surgical team has performed thousands of heart surgeries and is trained in the most advanced surgical procedures available. We perform beating-heart (“off-pump”) surgery twice as often as the national average because we know it typically means fewer complications, shorter hospital stays, decreased risk of stroke and faster recovery for you.
Surgical Procedures for Heart Care at LewisGale
Our heart care team performs virtually every kind of cardiac surgery, such as:
- Coronary artery bypass
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Beating-heart/off-pump bypass
- Heart valve repair and replacement
- Cardiac-assist device implantation
- Surgical ablation for atrial fibrillation (Afib), using radiofrequency (heat) or cryoablation (extreme cold) to create scar tissue that blocks abnormal electrical signals in the heart
With our primary focus on quality outcomes and individual patient care, we significantly exceed survival rates as measured by the Society of Thoracic Surgery. As the effectiveness and safety of new technologies and procedures are established—with clear benefits to our patients—we offer them to you.