LewisGale offers full-service laboratories at all hospitals, staffed by trained and experienced medical technologists and technicians around the clock.
How You Benefit
Our full-service, onsite laboratories help our providers diagnose and treat your disease or condition quickly and effectively. Our certified laboratory staff are committed to meeting the highest national quality standards and work closely with LewisGale medical staff.
Quality Accreditation in Laboratory Services
After a rigorous onsite inspection, the College of American Pathologists (CAP) recently awarded accreditation to the laboratories at LewisGale Medical Center, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, LewisGale Hospital Pulaski and LewisGale Hospital Alleghany for meeting the highest standards of care. Inspectors examined labs records, quality control procedures, equipment and staff qualifications against stringent criteria.
LewisGale Laboratory Services
Our laboratory services include:
- Anatomic pathology — the science of diagnosing diseases based on the appearance or tissues
- Autopsy — an examination and analysis of a dead body to determine cause of death or to detect changes produced by disease
- Chemistry and therapeutic drug monitoring — the measurement of medication levels in the blood
- Clinical microscopy
- Hematology — the study of blood, blood-producing organs and blood diseases
- Microbiology — the study of bacteria and their effects on humans
- Serology (diagnostic immunology) — a blood test to detect the presence of antibodies (a protein made by the body as a defense against unfamiliar material that enters the body) against a bacteria or germ
- Transfusion medicine — the transfusion of blood and blood parts, given to restore lost blood and to improve the ability of the blood to deliver oxygen to the body’s tissues
- Urinalysis — analysis of urine, used to aid in diagnosing disease and to detect the presence of specific substances, such as a drug
- Virology — the study of viruses and viral diseases