Call our Consult-A-Nurse� team at 877.2HCADOCS (877.242.2362) to find specialists, make an appointment and learn more about brain, nervous system and stroke care services at LewisGale Regional Health System.
Learn more about our comprehensive stroke services.
Act now ��� call 911 ��� if you think you or a loved one is experiencing a stroke. Quick action ��� within three hours after symptoms appear ��� saves brain cells and your quality of life.
Signs of Stroke
- Numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Severe headache with no known cause
- Face ��� Check yourself or ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
- Arms ��� Check yourself or ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- Speech ��� Check yourself or ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Does the speech sound slurred or strange?
- Time ��� If you observe any of these symptoms, note the time they started and get help immediately.