Act now ��� call 911 ��� if you think you or a loved one is experiencing a stroke. Quick action ��� within three hours after symptoms appear ��� saves brain cells and your quality of life.
Signs of Stroke
- Numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Severe headache with no known cause
- Face ��� Check yourself or ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
- Arms ��� Check yourself or ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- Speech ��� Check yourself or ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Does the speech sound slurred or strange?
- Time ��� If you observe any of these symptoms, note the time they started and get help immediately.