- Outpatient Therapy Services
- All Services
- Advanced Wound Center
- Behavioral Health
- Bone, Joint & Spine
- Breast Center
- Business Health
- Cancer Care Services
- Chest Pain Center
- Diabetes Center
- Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Heart Center Services
- Maternity Center
- Rehabilitation Services
- Senior Transitions Program
- Swallowing Clinic
Outpatient Therapy Services
Outpatient Therapy Services
Outpatient Therapy – Helping Individuals and Families Adapt To and Overcome Injury or Illness
Why Choose Hospital-Based Outpatient Therapy?
What Sets Us Apart
- Individual treatment sessions
- Full 45-minute treatment sessions
- Medicare reimbursement based upon progress in treatment, not maximum payment. A maximum payment "cap" is imposed upon non-hospital based outpatient clinics. LewisGale Medical Center outpatient clinics are considered hospital-based and are therefore exempt from this therapy payment "cap."
- Our specialty-trained professionals
We offer a wide variety of outpatient therapy services at LewisGale Medical Center. Learn more about specific therapies provided at each of our three comfortable and modern outpatient therapy locations:
Neuro Rehabilitation – utilizing a coordinated team approach, neuro rehabilitation is designed for the patient who’s experienced a disability due to a stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, neuromuscular disorders or other neurological disease. Typically, neuro rehab encompasses:
- Occupational Therapy – helping patients regain the ability to perform activities associated with daily living at home and at work, including dressing, bathing, eating, and home management tasks by focusing on upper extremity function, cognitive skills, and visual-perceptual skills.
- Physical Therapy – by addressing patients’ functional limitations we strive to improve range of motion, strength, endurance, gait and mobility, balance and posture control.
- Speech Language/Pathology – communication, cognition and swallowing disorders are the areas that our speech and language pathologists focus on treating through assessments, diagnosis, and treatment. These disorders primarily impact patients who’ve experienced a stroke, head injury, neurological disorder, laryngectomy, or head or neck cancer.
- Additional information about our outpatient Neuro Rehabilitation services, conveniently located at LewisGale Medical Center on 4W, is available by calling 540-772-3770. Free valet parking is available
Outpatient Therapy: Medical Office Building East (MOB)
- Utilizing evidence-based practices, therapist at the MOB outpatient clinic treat a a wide variety of conditions. This includes post surgery hip and knee rehabilitation, motor vehicle injuries, such as whiplash, acute and chronic injuries of the spine, shoulder, and ankle. In addition, our therapists have specialty certifications in lymphedema and hand therapy.
- Conveniently situated within LewisGale Medical Center at the east end of the building provides easy access, Free valet parking is available. The therapy clinic is located across from “The Apothecary” pharmacy. Additional information about outpatient therapy services offered at the Medical Office Building East location is available by calling 540-772-3770.
Outpatient Therapy: Salem YMCA
- LewisGale Medical Center has a third location within the Salem YMCA. Conveniently located to highways 419 and 460, the outpatient clinic at the Salem YMCA is just off the Lynchburg Turnpike at 1126 Kime Lane in Salem. Our location within the Salem YMCA gives us convenient access to the heated pool and gym areas to further enhance our outpatient therapy services.
- Specialty therapy services at the Salem YMCA locations are provided to patients with orthopedic, neurologic, lymphedema and incontinence issues. The YMCA location also allows transition to safe and independent exercise using gym equipment and the pool.
- Additional information about outpatient therapy services offered at the Salem YMCA location is available by calling 540-527-6787
Our rehabilitation services also utilize specialized technology and programs developed exclusively for our patients to assist them in their recovery. Click on the headings below to learn more about these specialized services.