Eight out of 10 adults will experience lifestyle-altering back pain at some time in their lives—and 90 percent of those episodes will reoccur. For the most advanced prevention and care for back pain and injuries, trust the specialists at LewisGale Regional Health System.
The Spine Care Experts
Our nationally recognized spine care program is distinguished by:
- The experience and expertise of our fellowship-trained physicians and surgeons
- A collaborative care model that includes diagnostic specialists, spine surgeons, neurosurgeons, interventional pain specialists and others
- Advanced treatment and surgical techniques that shorten hospital stays and lower readmission rates
- Customized rehabilitation services that help patients resume daily activities as quickly as possible
- A spine surgery program recognized nationally for excellence
Back Pain & Sports Injuries
Whether your back condition is the result of disease, a sports injury, a spine tumor or other circumstances, our physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, along with our sports medicine physicians and physical therapists, take a hands-on approach to treatment. Surgical and nonsurgical options are available, with the goal of preserving or restoring as much mobility and quality of life as possible with the least amount of downtime.
When surgery becomes necessary, we tap the combined experience of orthopedic surgeons, spine surgeons, neurosurgeons, pain management specialists, interventional radiologists and therapists, using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible to give you the relief you need.
Comprehensive Spine Care Services & Treatments
Spine services and treatments offered at LewisGale include: