Petition to Support Approval of LewisGale Medical Center’s COPN Application for a Neonatal Special Care Services (NICU)
Please add my name to the list of supporters for neonatal special care (NICU) services at LewisGale Medical Center (COPN Request No-VA 7892). This important project, which is essential to the health of our community, should be approved for numerous reasons, including:
- The neonatal special care service will enable LewisGale Medical Center to care for its most fragile patients.
- The availability of neonatal special care (NICU) services at LewisGale Medical Center will reduce the number of babies who must be transferred to another hospital after birth. These transfers are traumatizing to the baby and parents, and they hinder the ability to bond, breastfeed, and provide continuity of care.
- Reducing the number of baby transfers will reduce the emotional strains and financial costs for families in an already exhausting, stressful, and costly situation.
- This project will enable many families who have had previous babies delivered at LewisGale Medical Center to stay with their established care team in the event of subsequent high-risk pregnancies.
- This project will significantly benefit patients receiving care at other HCA hospitals in Southwest Virginia by enabling coordinated transfers within the HCA system of mothers with high-risk pregnancies and of babies who require neonatal special care services.
For all these reasons, I look forward to this important and much-needed project being approved.
* Required Fields
General Internet communication is inherently not secure. For this reason, we highly recommend that data considered confidential or private in nature not be submitted on this form. (e.g., Social Security Numbers, Diagnosis Information, Credit Card Numbers, etc.)
- All Services
- Advanced Wound Center
- Behavioral Health
- Bone, Joint & Spine
- Breast Center
- Business Health
- Cancer Care Services
- Chest Pain Center
- Diabetes Center
- Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Heart Center Services
- Maternity Center
- Rehabilitation Services
- Senior Transitions Program
- Swallowing Clinic
- NICU Petition