Symptoms of Cervical Cancer
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
Abnormal bleeding—This is the most common symptom. It may include:
- Bleeding between your regular menstrual periods
- Menstrual bleeding that is heavier or lasts longer than usual
- Bleeding after sexual intercourse
- Bleeding after douching
- Bleeding after a pelvic exam
- Bleeding after menopause
- Increased vaginal discharge
- Pain during sexual intercourse or in the lower pelvic region
American Cancer Society website. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp .
National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/ .
National Women’s Health Information Center website. Available at: http://www.womenshealth.gov/ .
- Reviewer: Igor Puzanov, MD
- Review Date: 09/2012 -
- Update Date: 00/91/2012 -