Pulaski, VA, October, 2014 – LewisGale Hospital Pulaski is pleased to announce that Debbie Pike, R.N., was recently selected as the Service Excellence Employee of the Month for September. The award recognizes outstanding employees who demonstrate service excellence beyond their job description.
Debbie Pike first began working at LewisGale Hospital Pulaski in 1990. Over the years, she has worked in several departments including the Intensive Care Unit. In her current role, she serves as a House Supervisor, overseeing all of the hospital’s nursing services on the evenings, weekends and holidays.
“Debbie always goes above and beyond for her patients, staff, and physicians, each and every day,” said Amanda Rorrer, ER Clinical Team Lead. “I am pleased to see Debbie receive this award for the contributions she makes to our hospital.”
On her nomination form, one her colleagues described one of her many acts of service.
“Debra found out there was a patient stranded here at our emergency department with no way back to South Carolina,” said Joann Harrell, Registrar. “Debbie bought this patient a bus ticket out of her own pocketbook and even gave her enough to buy food. I know this was over $100, a lot of money to give to a stranger. Wow! What a nurse, employee, supervisor. “
The Service Excellence Employee of the Month is selected using the following criteria:
- Demonstrates exemplary individual achievement, contribution and performance in their jobs and other related duties beyond their own job description.
- Inspires and supports the organization’s ICARE Values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward responsibilities, co-workers, and customers, and serves as a role model for others.
- Exercises servant leadership, takes initiative, and accepts and carries out additional responsibilities beyond the regular job assignments for the good of the organization.
LewisGale Hospital Pulaski would also like to congratulate the following individuals on their nominations for the September Service Excellence Employee of the Month Award: Andrew Martinez-Malo, Emergency Department; Amy Phillippi , Physical Therapy Department; Tara Morris, Occupational Therapy Department; Stuart Mitchell, Engineering Department
About LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
LewisGale Hospital Pulaski is a part of LewisGale Regional Health System which includes 44 HCA-owned patient care facilities including 4 hospitals, 2 regional cancer centers and a multidisciplinary cancer clinic, 6 outpatient centers and affiliations with nearly 700 physicians, including 146 employed providers and more than 500 independent physicians. With 3,300 employees, its annual payroll is $230.1 million. The system also paid $41 million in taxes and provided more than $106 million in uncompensated care to those most in need in 2012 alone. LewisGale is also part of HCA Virginia, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare provider in the Commonwealth with nearly 15,000 employees. For more information see www.lewisgale.com.
“Debbie always goes above and beyond for her patients, staff, and physicians each and every day. I am pleased to see Debbie receive this award for her excellence contribution to our hospital” - Amanda Rorrer, Clinical Team Lead- Emergency Department
We would also like to congratulate the following on their nomination for the September Service Excellence Employee of the Month Award:
- Andrew Martinez-Malo; Emergency Department
- Amy Phillippi – Physician Therapy Department
- Tara Morris – Occupational Therapist
- Stuart Mitchell; Engineering Department