March 20, 2020
Salem, VA. – To reduce the spread of illnesses, all LewisGale Regional Health System facilities – including LewisGale Hospital Alleghany, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, LewisGale Hospital Pulaski, and LewisGale Medical Center - have implemented additional safety measures to protect patients and visitors.
NO visitors will be allowed with the following exceptions:
- Laboring mothers are allowed one adult visitor during their stay
- Mother-Infant Unit Patients are allowed one adult visitor during their stay
- Pediatric patients, including pediatric ER, are allowed one adult guardian at a time
- Patients having surgery are allowed one adult visitor during their stay
- Exceptions will be made for patients receiving end-of-life care
Any exceptions to the above will require approval by the department director, nursing supervisor, or Administrator On-call.
All visitors must meet screening criteria to ensure they are not ill or experiencing symptoms when entering the facility.