March 20, 2020
Salem, VA. – To reduce the spread of illnesses, all LewisGale Regional Health System facilities – including LewisGale Hospital Alleghany, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, LewisGale Hospital Pulaski, and LewisGale Medical Center - have implemented additional safety measures to protect patients and visitors.
NO visitors will be allowed with the following exceptions:
- Laboring mothers are allowed one adult visitor during their stay
- Mother-Infant Unit Patients are allowed one adult visitor during their stay
- Pediatric patients, including pediatric ER, are allowed one adult guardian at a time
- Patients having surgery are allowed one adult visitor during their stay
- Exceptions will be made for patients receiving end-of-life care
Any exceptions to the above will require approval by the department director, nursing supervisor, or Administrator On-call.
All visitors must meet screening criteria to ensure they are not ill or experiencing symptoms when entering the facility.
LewisGale Regional Health System has 44 HCA-owned patient care facilities including 4 hospitals, 2 regional cancer centers, 1 standalone ER, 6 outpatient centers and affiliations with both employed and independent physicians. With 3,000 employees, its annual payroll is $236 million. The system also paid $32 million in taxes and provided more than $73 million in uncompensated care to those most in need. LewisGale is also part of HCA Virginia, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare provider in the Commonwealth with nearly 15,000 employees. For more information, visit www.lewisgale.com.