September 15, 2015
Pulaski, VA, September, 2015 – LewisGale Hospital Pulaski is inviting the public to attend its upcoming Survive & Thrive event on Thursday, September 17 at Randolph Park from 2 to 7 p.m. The event will take the place of its annual community health fair and will focus on preparing the public to survive a natural or man-made disaster and to thrive in life with free health screenings and information.
One of the goals of the event is also to engage local schools in emergency preparedness and health awareness. Area fourth and fifth grade students will be attending as part of a school field trip. LewisGale Hospital Pulaski has also partnered with local law enforcement, emergency management officials, and several businesses to bring this event to the schools and the public.
Event highlights include:
- Free health screenings
- Medical helicopter landing at 1 p.m.
- Bicycle safety rodeo
- Red Cross and Fire Department demonstrations
- “Hands-on” CPR for kids
- Rescue demonstrations by the Town of Pulaski
- Online safety demonstration to protect families from Internet predators
- Severe weather warning presentation
- Inflatable obstacle course
- Displays by community partners
- Core Disaster Life Support Class by Near Southwest Preparedness Alliance (offsite at LewisGale Hospital Pulaski). To register call 994-8364 or 994-8359
- Food (all profits help provide MedRide transportation services for those in need)
“As a healthcare partner in this community, we are committed to improving the health and safety of the citizens we serve,” said Derek Vance, CEO, LewisGale Hospital Pulaski. “We are proud to partner with several organizations to offer this free event to the public and to our students.”