When you volunteer you can make a big difference in the lives of patients, visitors and staff at LewisGale Hospital Pulaski—and you’ll probably notice how much you benefit, too! Volunteers at LewisGale help us expand the capacity of our staff, providing high-quality and cost-effective healthcare services, enhancing patient care and satisfaction and extending our services into the community.
Ready to serve? We’re always looking for gracious and cooperative spirits who have a sincere desire to help others and who can maintain total patient confidentiality. You’ll join our staff of friendly folks who are adaptable, flexible and completely dependable.
Volunteer and Chaplain Requirements
Minimum age for volunteering is 16 years old
Number of Service Hours Required
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 75 hours annually and a minimum of 3 hours of service per week. The amount of hours may be subject to change depending on the needs of the department and volunteer as approved by the Volunteer Services Department.
- Chaplains must meet the requirements of the Chaplain-on-Call rotation schedule.
- Students desiring education credits or shadowing hours for their high school/college programs are processed through the hospital’s Education Department. For information on this program, please call 994-8359 or 994-8525.
Mandatory Pre-Placement Requirements
- Background Check
- Proof of Identification (2 forms of state/gov't ID)
- Proof of Ordination or Ministerial Licensure (Chaplains only)
- Parental Consent form (only for Junior Volunteers under the age of 18)
- Employee Health Screening (TB Test, Flu Shot, Immunizations)
- Orientation (1 Hour)
- ID Photo Badge
- Code of Conduct Training (2 Hours)
Mandatory Annual Requirements
- Education Day (4 Hour Minimum)
- Code of Conduct Refresher Training (2 Hour Minimum)
- Flu Shot Consent or Declination (mask required for declination)
- Other Education as determined
- Volunteers/Chaplains must have a positive attitude and believe that the duties they perform at our facility benefit our patients and our community.
- Volunteers/Chaplains are expected to follow all policies and procedures set forth by the facility.
- Volunteers/Chaplains are expected to meet the requirements of their job description and the expectations set forth in the Volunteer/Chaplain handbook.
Volunteer & Chaplain Opportunities
You may be just the right person to:
- Manage the information desk, transfer incoming calls to patient rooms and provide directions to visitors and patients
- Deliver newspapers, flowers, postal mail and printouts of email messages to patients
- Provide community information to families in our waiting areas
- Assist in patient discharge, visit with patients and family members, carry out errands for nursing staff
- Serve as clerical support in non-patient departments
Become a Volunteer or Chaplain
Apply to become a volunteer or chaplain by filling out the Volunteer/Chaplain Application form or picking up one in our Volunteer Office. New volunteers participate in an orientation session and on-the-job training with one of our valued veteran volunteers.
For more information, contact Jana Beckner at (540) 994-8414 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a formal interview and to learn how you can join the LewisGale Hospital Pulaski family.