Southwest Virginia, the home of LewisGale Regional Health System, combines awe-inspiring natural splendor with a colorful diversity of cultural and economic opportunities.
So Much to Enjoy
Among the features that make Southwest Virginia a great place to call home:
- Quaint towns and comfortable communities that offer a break from big-city hassles but are rich in culture and heritage
- Scenic beauty and a wealth of outdoor activities connected with the Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains and the Appalachian Trail
- Excellent schools and distinguished universities and colleges
- Comfortable weather, with short winters and long, pleasant spring and fall seasons
- An entrepreneurial spirit that keeps the economy humming
Explore Southwest Virginia and discover why it’s a great place to live and work.
- Virginia.gov – Official site for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Virginia Is For Lovers – Official Virginia tourism site
- If Southwest Virginia sounds like a place you would love to call home, discover how you can become part of our award-winning team of healthcare professionals and apply online today!
Living in the Roanoke Valley
Located in the beautiful Roanoke Valley in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the home of LewisGale Medical Center is a vital city of 24,000. Known for its small-town hospitality and big-city ambition, Salem boasts a robust manufacturing sector and variety of cultural and historical attractions. Find out what makes Salem and the Roanoke Valley a great place to live and work.
Living in Blacksburg
Blacksburg is the home of the nationally renowned Virginia Tech University and major technology companies, as well as LewisGale Hospital Montgomery. Nestled between the Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains, the community is known for its reasonable cost of living, safety and abundant recreational opportunities.
Living in Low Moor
Perched in the Alleghenies near the West Virginia border, Low Moor—a small town with a big heart—is home to LewisGale Hospital Alleghany. And it’s a great place for hiking, fishing and enjoying the outdoors.
Living in Pulaski
The lively town of Pulaski offers urban amenities in a beautiful rural setting. Located an hour west of Roanoke (VA) and two hours north of Charlotte (NC), the community is thriving with industry and home to two national universities that have made it an arts and cultural center for the region.