The staff and physicians at LewisGale are committed to working collaboratively with referring physicians to provide the highest level of care to our patients. We appreciate your partnership with LewisGale.
To Refer a Patient
To refer a patient to a LewisGale physician or facility:
For Mental Health Assessment & Referral – Call RESPOND crisis line at (540) 776-1100 or (800) 541-9992 for immediate assistance.
For all other referrals – Call the LewisGale Transfer Center at (855) 544-9337, 24 hours, 7 days a week.
The LewisGale Transfer Center streamlines patient transfers and direct admissions. Our team will:
- Obtain and document necessary patient information
- Locate the designated accepting physician and hospital
- Connect sending and accepting physicians by a recorded physician-to-physician call
- Confirm bed availability, obtain hospital approval and notify receiving departments
- Assist in securing appropriate transportation
- Track transfer from time of call until patient arrives at destination
- Provide immediate feedback to close the loop with all referring physicians and facilities
All calls are recorded and documented to ensure accurate service.
Our Commitment to Quality
LewisGale is committed to providing our patients with safe, high quality healthcare. Refer patients with confidence—learn more about our quality measures and view our latest quality of care scores as reported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
LewisGale offers hospitalist services at all of our hospitals. Our goal is to provide high-quality care and customer service to our patients, families and referring physicians. Learn more about our hospitalist services.
Find a Provider
Search for a healthcare provider by name, specialty, gender or location.