Our Commitment to Patient Safety
Patient safety is a top priority at LewisGale. We continually work to ensure the highest level of patient safety at all facilities—using best practices, improved technology and increased patient involvement in their healthcare. Every member of our staff is dedicated to:
- Providing you with a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Performing our jobs carefully and competently
- Using safe and effective practices and technologies
- Responding to your wants and needs in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely communications between caregivers and patients by answering questions about your treatment and your health, providing you with specific information about your care and explaining changes in your treatment
At LewisGale, you can help us provide the highest level of care possible by providing details about yourself and asking us any questions you may have.
Infection prevention is a serious challenge facing healthcare organizations around the world. LewisGale and our parent company HCA are at the forefront of the ongoing effort to protect patients from infections during a hospital stay. Learn more about our corporate infection prevention programs.
eMAR & Bar Coding Technology for Medication Safety
At LewisGale we are keenly aware of our responsibility to ensure that medications are administered correctly and on time. When a medication is given to you at a LewisGale facility, it is checked and documented on a Medication Administration Record that’s stored in your electronic medical record. Our advanced Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) & Bar Coding technology provides a system of checks and balances that helps ensure medications are dispensed safely and effectively. We encourage patients and their support team members to share in this responsibility. Learn more about safe medication use.
Our Quality Scores
Our commitment to the highest standards of patient care is evident in all we do. View our quality scores as reported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.