Rapid and collaborative decisions.
From the moment you feel chest pain, our team of heart experts takes control of the situation, making rapid and collaborative decisions about your care all the way from the ambulance to your hospital bedside.
That’s part of what it means to be an accredited Chest Pain Center. LewisGale Medical Center, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, LewisGale Hospital Pulaski, and LewisGale Hospital Alleghany have earned this distinction from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC).
For patients, this means the highest level of care starts from the onset of symptoms. Everyone from emergency dispatchers to catheterization lab techs to hospital discharge staff is involved in your care. Following the model set by the SCPC, LewisGale plans and organizes the delivery of care in this proven systematic manner.
What is a Chest Pain Center?
A Chest Pain Center earns its accreditation through an evaluation of the care surrounding the treatment of patients who present symptoms of a heart attack. The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care evaluates healthcare organizations for their response to chest pain patients.
This means our ERs are always:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome
- Ensuring Chest Pain Center personnel competency and training
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Supporting community outreach and education about heart attack symptoms
Quality care means better outcomes
Earning this accreditation ensures that LewisGale meets or exceeds quality-of-care measures based on improving the process for the care of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) patients.