Beginning the Continuum of Care
At LewisGale Regional Health System, acute care therapy is provided to patients in their own hospital rooms or in rehabilitation settings within the hospital following a surgery, medical emergency or other health condition. Acute care therapy is often the first step in our full continuum of rehabilitation services. Our goal is to get you up and moving so you spend less time in the hospital and transition faster to the next step in your recovery. That might mean admission to our dedicated Inpatient Rehab Facility, treatment at one of our Outpatient Rehabilitation clinics or returning to your home.
In-Room Therapy Services
Each patient receives one-on-one therapy from our highly experienced team of physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and other specialists with extensive backgrounds in various therapy interventions. Team members work with nurses, physicians and other specialists to help you regain your highest possible level of functioning, while preventing complications or additional loss of ability.
Learn more about these acute care therapies:
- Physical therapy – getting you moving
- Occupational therapy – help for daily living
- Speech, language and swallowing pathology – restoring speech and swallowing abilities
- Lymphedema therapy – relief from swelling of extremities
- Neuro and low vision therapy – treatment for vision deficits caused by neurological disorders
Conditions We Treat
Our licensed therapists provide comprehensive services to individuals at all stages of life who are recovering from these types of conditions and diseases such as:
- Stroke and neurologic disorders
- Brain injury
- Cardiopulmonary disorders
- Orthopedic surgery or injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injury
- Medically complex conditions
Preregister now to save time.