Expert care. Hometown touch.
The fight against cancer is never easy - physically, emotionally or spiritually. That’s why it helps to have a caring and experienced partner sharing the journey, every step of the way. The skilled cancer professionals at LewisGale Regional Health System provide advanced oncology care close to home.
Your first choice for Cancer Care.
LewisGale ranks among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. We’re on your side with expert training, experience, research and clinical trials and access to some of the most advanced technologies and therapies available today. Learn more about LewisGale’s cancer program by reading our 2018 Cancer Program Annual Report.
Cancers we treat.
We treat virtually all cancers occurring in adults, including, but not limited to:
- Brain, head and neck
- Gynecologic: cervical, endometrial, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, vulvar
- Leukemia and blood-related cancers
- Lung and chest
- Pancreatic and liver
- Peritoneal Carcinoma and Peritoneal Mesothelioma
- Prostate and genitourinary
- Skin, including melanoma
- Comprehensive, coordinated cancer services and treatments, from screening and prevention through diagnosis, treatment and follow-up
- Cancer-fighting expertise recognized by the Commission on Cancer and accredited by the American College of Surgeons
Our network of oncology care locations:
- is equipped to treat virtually all cancers and includes two full-service regional cancer centers - LewisGale Regional Cancer Center Salem and LewisGale Regional Cancer Center Pulaski - plus a range of convenient, inpatient and outpatient cancer services available at LewisGale hospitals and clinics throughout Southwest Virginia
- provides coordinated access to HCA’s extensive network of cancer services and specialists
- includes breast care and imaging centers recognized by the American College of Radiology and the FDA under the Mammography Quality Standards Act
Your cancer team.
Our cancer care team at LewisGale involves a diverse group of skilled medical professionals working together throughout the region to fight cancer. At our regular multispecialty team conferences, we review and collaborate on patient cases to develop the best possible treatment programs. Our caring team includes:
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Gynecologic oncologists
- Plastic, reconstructive and general surgeons
- Primary care physicians
- Radiologists and interventional radiologists
- Certified oncology nurses
- Counselors and social workers
- Physical and occupational therapists
Our commitment to cancer care advancements.
Our ongoing commitment to the most advanced national cancer research, clinical trials and the National Cancer Registry helps us provide our patients the best therapeutic options through access to the latest drugs, treatments and technologies. Learn more about cancer research and clinical trials at LewisGale.
Innovative treatments and technologies.
LewisGale patients have access to leading-edge national cancer research and clinical trials and the National Cancer Registry through our ongoing participation in these important programs.
As a LewisGale cancer patient, you become part of our family. We’re in your community and we care about your health.