To get the best cancer care, you first need the most accurate diagnosis. LewisGale Regional Health System offers the latest in diagnostic technology and physicians who are skilled in interpreting results.
Advanced Cancer diagnostics.
Our leading-edge diagnostic and imaging services are available at convenient LewisGale locations throughout Southwest Virginia. We’re in your community and we’ll care for you like family.
Our resources include:
- Computed tomography (CT) high-resolution scanning, including low-dose CT for lung cancer treatment
- 3-Tesla (3T) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Digital mammography - the region’s first provider of this powerful breast cancer detection tool
- Stereotactic, ultrasound or MRI guidance for breast imaging and biopsy
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scanning and combined PET/CT scanning
- Molecular imaging
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Hematology - for detecting and treating cancers of the blood including leukemia
- superDimension™ iLogic- electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy - for early detection of lesions deep within the lungs
Diagnostic biopsies can be performed onsite at various locations. Learn more about tests and imaging services available at LewisGale.
At LewisGale we recognize the importance of early cancer detection. Learn more about our full range of cancer screenings and breast imaging services. Then schedule an appointment today.
Our powerful network delivers fast results.
Complementing our cancer testing and imaging technology, our Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) allows doctors fast access to your medical records, images and test results from anywhere in the LewisGale network. Doctors can use PACS to share images instantaneously with a consulting physician to help you receive the most accurate diagnosis.