The best weapons against colorectal cancer are knowledge, early diagnosis and treatment. That’s why at LewisGale, we recommend this simple survey as the first line of defense against colorectal cancer.
If you answer yes to any of survey questions below, take the next step by asking your primary care doctor for a thorough examination. Or contact LewisGale’s 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse® team at (877) 242-2362 for more information and a free doctor referral.
Find out about colonoscopy services offered at LewisGale.
Colorectal Cancer Survey
- Have you or an immediate family member (mother, father or sibling) had colorectal cancer?
- Do you have a personal history of inflammatory bowel disease?
- Do you have a personal history of breast, ovarian or uterine cancer?
- Are you 40 percent or more over your idea body weight (obese)?
- Do you consume a diet high in fat and low in fiber?
- Are you over age 50?
- Have you experienced diarrhea or constipation lasting more than two weeks?
- Have you experienced a persistent decrease in the size or caliber of your stool?
Only a doctor can determine if you’re at risk for colorectal cancer. If you answered yes to any of the survey questions, make an appointment with your primary care doctor or call (877) 242-2362 for more information and a free doctor referral. If you answered no to all of the questions, bookmark this page on your web browser and set your calendar to review the survey every six to 12 months.
Learn more about colorectal cancer at our online Health Library.