Speedy diagnosis and customized treatment.
At LewisGale, you’re in the expert care of interventional neuroradiologists, whose extensive experience and skill in this specialty means you’ll receive a speedy diagnosis and customized treatment that targets your particular neurological condition. Through our extensive network, you have full access to the latest diagnostic imaging services.
If you suspect a stroke, remember to act FAST to identify symptoms:
- FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
- ARMS: Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- SPEECH: Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Is their speech slurred or strange?
- TIME: If you observe any of these signs, call 911 immediately.
Comprehensive diagnostic and imaging services
Our staff of board-certified radiologists and technologists works closely with your physician throughout your journey from diagnosis onward.
Digital biplane angiography
We offer Southwest Virginia’s only digital biplane angiography unit, also known as 3DRA (three-dimensional rotational angiography). This noninvasive, rapid-scanning process quickly captures highly detailed images inside the body, especially the brain, spine and delicate systems such as blood vessels. Clearer pictures offer better results, so our physicians and neurosurgeons can target the specific point of concern and deliver the precise treatment you need. Using the 3DRA system, several images are taken, often during surgical procedures, using a C-shaped device that rotates around the patient. Images are reconstructed in a 3-D sequence, creating life-like projections of body tissues and processes.
Other conditions that are better diagnosed with the benefit of 3DRA imaging include:
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Brain tumors and spinal conditions such as fracture or pain
- Peripheral vascular conditions