When minutes matter.
When you need emergency care in Southwest, Virginia, you want to know you are getting the best care as quickly as possible.
The closest emergency room is never far away
LewisGale’s network of hospitals offers unparalleled ER care across the region. We have four convenient emergency room locations that are committed to the care of our communities across Virginia. You can even check our ER wait times online or by texting "ER" to 32222.
Our staff of board-certified emergency medicine doctors, nurses certified in advanced cardiac life support and specially trained support staff stands ready 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide you with high quality, compassionate care.
We understand that when it comes to emergencies, even a few minutes can make a difference for ill or injured patients. That’s why we equip our emergency rooms with experienced doctors and the most advanced technology. Learn more about what to expect when you’re coming to the ER.
In 2016 we celebrated the opening of our new Emergency Room, with 2,200 additional square feet of space, 12 private rooms including a bariatric room and a fully outfitted trauma room. Let us be your first choice for emergency care!
Our ERs provide specialized treatment day and night for emergencies including:
- Pediatric care — because we know the littlest of patients need special care. To give you added peace of mind, we also utilize the specialized Artemis children's medication delivery system at all our locations.
- Heart attack
- Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Bone injuries
- Fast Track ER for minor illness and injuries
Your family's first choice for emergency care
For a multitude of reasons, our network of locations and emergency expertise make us the smart choice for your ER care:
- For your convenience, multiple ER locations, short wait times and Fast Track ER for minor illnesses and injuries
- All four LewisGale Hospitals in the Roanoke Valley/Salem, Alleghany, and the New River Valley are among a select group of hospitals in the United States to be named Accredited Chest Pain Centers by the Society of Chest Pain Centers—setting the standard for excellence in emergency heart care.
- As a Level III trauma center, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery is equipped to provide 24-hour care for critically injured patients
- Board-certified physicians and nurses and clinical staff certified in emergency medicine and emergency nursing
- Critical care and cardiac emergency bays to treat patients when every second counts
- Comprehensive testing, imaging and lab services onsite
Crisis line for emotional and mental health needs
Admission or referral for mental health care at all LewisGale facilities starts with an assessment through the emergency department at one of our four LewisGale hospitals at Salem, Alleghany, Montgomery, and Pulaski – for patients who are in crisis. You may call (800) 541-9992 or (540) 776-1100 for additional information and to speak with someone at the Access and Response Center.