Hope, help, encouragement.
LewisGale Regional Health System offers hope, help, encouragement and support for individuals with emotional, behavioral and mental health needs, including depression, chemical dependency such as drug or alcohol addiction, anxiety and many other issues.
Individuals receive the best quality care through specialized services in safe, healthy, confidential and calming environments.
Health Risk Assessments
Find out how healthy you are by taking our online assessments:
Within our group-oriented structure, based on a nationally successful model of Trauma-Informed Care, our patients learn to recognize the symptoms and effects of traumatic experiences as they come to terms with the role trauma has played in their lives and discover how to build effective skills for moving forward. Rather than placing blame, we help patients deal with what happened and empower them to take steps to create the future they want.
Emotional health needs.
Serving Southwest Virginia since 1975, LewisGale Regional Health System’s Behavioral Health Services leads the region in providing high-quality psychiatric care. Combining our experience and advanced medical expertise, we offer unparalleled attention for the emotional health needs of you or your loved ones.
- Programs and Services — Our mental and behavioral health programs cover a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for adolescents age 13 and up, adults, impaired professionals and seniors age 55 and over. Following a face-to-face assessment, we develop care plans that prioritize safety, crisis stabilization, collaboration with outpatient treatment opportunities, follow-up aftercare, individual empowerment and an emphasis on patient and family education and support.
- Educational Resources — Learn more about emotional, behavioral and mental health and related conditions in our online Health Library.
- Community Connections — Our facilities support community recovery-based programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and other community program. In addition, we work with regional Community Service Boards (CSBs) to address local needs. Several of our facilities are also sites for meetings of groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous and community events.
Your care team
Working together to develop individualized emotional and behavioral health treatment plans that meet the specific needs of each patient, our LewisGale Regional Health System team for mental health care encompasses:
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Licensed Therapists
- Psychiatric pharmacist
- Mental health technicians
- Art and therapeutic specialists
Consistent Care for Effective Behavior Management
Safe and respectful environments and consistent care are crucial to effective treatment of behavioral, emotional and mental health issues.
As a foundation for consistent care, LewisGale Regional Health System hospitals train staff members—from emergency department and security personnel to nursing supervisors, intensive care unit staff and mental health providers—in a nonviolent crisis intervention process from the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), the program recognized nationally for delivering the best outcomes. Our team of CPI-trained professionals ensures that mental health patients who enter our care at any point benefit from a consistent approach to effective behavior management.
In addition, many of our team members hold the professional designation of Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse, as certified through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), part of the American Nurses Association and the world’s largest credentialing organization.
Integrated Care from a Team of Professionals
Our multidisciplinary approach gives patients access to a wide range of treatment and care provided by many healthcarel professionals. Because we integrate behavioral health throughout our hospitals, all current patients anywhere in our healthcare system can benefit from our mental health services. Consults, mental health assessments and screenings are available through our regional healthcare system.
Learn more about emotional, behavioral and mental health and related conditions in our online Health Library.