The Only Therapy-based Neuro and Low Vision Program in Southwest Virginia
Conditions such as macular degeneration, cataracts, glaucoma, diabetes, stroke, brain injury or other neurological concerns may cause visual deficits that impact your ability to complete routine daily activities safely and independently.
At the Neuro and Low Vision Program within the LewisGale Medical Center Neuro Rehabilitation program our advanced occupational therapy team evaluates and treats adult clients, offering a broad range of services with the aim of retaining and/or maximizing functional visual skills. Our experienced staff includes one of only two occupational therapists in Virginia nationally certified by the American Occupational Therapy Association with a specialty in low vision.
Conditions We Treat
The Neuro and Low Vision Program is prepared to assist people with visual concerns including:
- Difficulty reading or focusing
- Sensitivity to brightness or changes in light
- Double vision
- Eye fatigue
- Objects appearing dim
- Letters/lines jumping when reading
- Difficulty following a moving object
- Difficulty seeing well enough to complete tasks
- Missing or bumping into objects
Our Functional Vision Services
Our vision specialists are qualified to provide:
- Training and use of optical devices prescribed by a physician
- Evaluation of lighting needs
- Contrast enhancement training
- Assessment and training with adaptive equipment
- Application of compensatory techniques for self-care, mobility and community re-entry
- Visual scanning training
To schedule an appointment or for more information, call the Neuro and Low Vision Program at (540) 776-4492.
Preregister now to save time.