At LewisGale Regional Health System, we understand that your oral health impacts your overall health. That’s why we’re committed to providing communities in Southwest Virginia with experienced oral surgeons to diagnose and treat advanced oral conditions.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgical Services
Individuals who experience oral pain or other problems associated with the mouth and jaw are often referred to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon for help. These dental and surgical specialists diagnose, treat and manage diseases, injuries and defects of the mouth, teeth, jaws and face.
Advanced oral care and procedures provided through LewisGale include:
- Disease management, including soft and hard tissues
- Surgical reconstruction of inadequate bone structures
- Dental implants
- Preparation for dentures
- Facial pain diagnosis and treatment
- Oral cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Corrective jaw surgery for conditions such as cleft lip and palate
- Sleep apnea diagnosis and surgical treatment, in conjunction with LewisGale’s Sleep Medicine Center
- Treatment for head and neck injuries
If you’re considering oral surgery to improve your smile or correct a problem with your teeth, get more information from the Oral Health Center at our online Health Library.
Pediatric Dental Care
LewisGale also offers pediatric dental care for children with special dental needs or injuries. Our services include the use of sedation or anesthesia for advanced procedures.