First Choice for Orthopedic Care in Southwest Virginia
Joint, bone, muscle, and spine conditions can cause pain and limit your quality of life. Let Southwest Virginia’s orthopedic and spine experts at LewisGale Regional Health System get you back to doing what you love — quickly and safely.
Our teams are recognized for excellence in orthopedic care and spine surgery, which means we are committed to quality and continuous improvement. With four hospital locations in Roanoke Valley/Salem, Alleghany Highlands, Pulaski, and New River Valley you can count on LewisGale for all your orthopedic and spine needs, close to home. Our comprehensive orthopedic services include:
- Back and spine care
- Foot and ankle care
- Hand Surgery
- Knee and hip replacement
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Shoulder replacement
- Sports medicine
We offer a variety of orthopedic and spine services at the following locations:
Orthopedic Conditions We Treat
Orthopedic pain can take many forms. Sometimes you’re not even sure what’s wrong — it just hurts. Our doctors and surgeons use advanced diagnostic tools and multispecialty expertise to diagnose and treat your condition. We work closely with you to develop a treatment plan that will relieve your pain and get back to your active life.
The orthopedic and spine teams at LewisGale Regional Health System treat a wide range of conditions including:
- Arthritis pain
- Bone spurs
- Broken bones
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Impingement (pinched nerve)
- Joint pain from injury or osteoarthritis
- Joint dislocation
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Neck and back pain
- Overuse or repetitive stress injury
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Sciatic pain
- Scoliosis, kyphosis, and other spinal deformity
- Spinal tumors
- Sports injuries, including concussions
- Tendon and cartilage injury
- Tennis elbow
- Trauma injury
- Trigger finger
Nonsurgical and Surgical Orthopedic Treatments
You can trust our team to provide an innovative combination of nonsurgical approaches that fit your lifestyle goals. We offer therapy, medication, and non-invasive interventional pain procedures to get you back on your feet, sooner.
If surgery is necessary, we provide the latest technology and techniques including minimally invasive procedures that offer less pain and shorter recovery. Our surgical and nonsurgical treatments include:
- ACL, LCL, PCL ligament repair
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Casting and splinting
- Cartilage and meniscus repair
- Digital biplane angiography (3DBRA)
- Hip resurfacing
- Interventional spine procedures
- Joint injections
- Lumbar disc replacement
- Minimally invasive spine surgery (DLIF)
- Occupational therapy
High Quality Orthopedic Care — Close to Home
No matter how simple or complex your orthopedic or spine care needs, we develop a treatment plan that will restore your quality of life. Patients choose us for:
- Programs certified by The Joint Commission. Our total hip and knee replacement programs at LewisGale Medical Center and LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, and total knee replacement at LewisGale Pulaski, are approved by the nation’s leading authority on quality care, outcomes, and continuous improvement.
- Recognition for surgical excellence and quality. Healthgrades, a leader in making information about physicians and hospitals more accessible and transparent, named LewisGale Medical Center one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals™ for spine surgery. Blue Cross/Blue Shield recognizes LewisGale for orthopedic care and spine surgery expertise and attention to our patients.
- Excellent surgery outcomes. Our orthopedic surgery team also has the lowest infection rates in Virginia, as well as length-of-stay and hospital readmission rates below national averages.
- Comprehensive care you deserve, all in one system. We have the latest imaging and tests available to evaluate and diagnose orthopedic conditions at the earliest stages. We offer both inpatient and outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation services and pain management. This means you can get diagnostics, treatment, and therapy in one network, from one team.
- Compassionate team committed to your health. You benefit from a team of doctors, surgeons, nurses, physical therapists, care coordinators, and other specialists and professionals dedicated to helping you get better, faster.
- Fellowship trained, board-certified specialists. Your care comes from board-certified doctors, specially trained in orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and neurosurgery. Most of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field.
- Focus on continuous improvement for osteoporosis patients. LewisGale Regional Health System participates in a national quality improvement program called Own the Bone. This ensures our patients with fragility fractures are screened and appropriately treated for low bone density or osteoporosis, helping to reduce the risk for future fractures.
We offer advanced joint replacement and reconstruction techniques, including minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement, for faster recovery and less pain.
Preventing and relieving back pain is our specialty. Learn about how interventional pain specialists, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic specialists come together for your spine care.
When being active leads to strains and injuries, let our experts help you. We teach you proper technique and develop customized treatments to get you back in the game as soon as possible.