When faced with a stroke emergency or the life-altering effects of a neurological condition, you want to work with the best people at the best facilities. That’s exactly what you’ll find at the hospitals of LewisGale Regional Health System.
If you suspect a stroke, remember to act FAST to identify symptoms:
- FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
- ARMS: Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- SPEECH: Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Is their speech slurred or strange?
- TIME: If you observe any of these signs, call 911 immediately.
Your expert care team.
Our expert physicians, surgeons and clinical staff offer the knowledge, skills and experience required to quickly deliver the care you need to protect your brain—the command center for your life.
LewisGale continually makes significant investments in exceptional healthcare professionals and advanced healthcare technology. We offer more interventional neuroradiologists—specialized physicians who know how to use the latest innovative tools to treat previously inoperable neurologic conditions—than any other healthcare provider in Southwest Virginia. Your neuro and stroke care team may involve a variety of medical professionals, including:
- Radiation oncologists
- Neurologists and neurosurgeons
- Surgical oncologists
- Emergency physicians
- Intensive care clinicians
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Rehabilitation specialists
View our neuro and stroke specialists.