Being well-prepared helps our patients achieve positive outcomes, including the lowest infection rates in Virginia, faster recovery times and lower readmission rates.
LewisGale provides education and resources to help you make surgical decisions and get the most from your treatment. Our joint and spine specialists will explain your options, the steps in your process and your recovery path. You and your caregivers are welcome to ask questions along the way.
- Once you and your doctor have determined your individual treatment plan, take time to learn as much as possible about your procedure by attending the appropriate presurgery classes offered at LewisGale and reading the educational materials provided. Our staff will direct you to the resources that will help prepare you for surgery and recovery.
- The preadmissions nurse and our central scheduling department will help you schedule any tests and treatments required prior to your procedure. This may include filling out required forms, completing a health history with a preadmissions nurse and having lab work and diagnostic tests performed.
We put you first, every step of the way. From our comfortable, patient-centered facilities to our skilled, compassionate staff and expert rehabilitation services, you'll experience extraordinary care during your stay at LewisGale.
Highlights of our facilities include:
- Dedicated joint/spine surgical units
- Private rooms at most facilities
- Concierge services
- Integrated rehabilitation and group therapy
- A pain management program
In addition to top-flight diagnostic and medical/surgical capabilities, our rehabilitation services complete the picture. Our physical and occupational therapists will work closely with you to get you back on your feet as quickly and safely as possible.
Getting you back on your feet and back to your daily life takes time. Our team of rehabilitation experts will help you with your rehabilitation goals. We assist people with a wide range of physical needs, whether they're recovering from surgery, an accident or injury.
- You'll leave the hospital with a prescribed rehabilitation program.
- You may have regular sessions scheduled at our outpatient rehabilitation facilities, conveniently located throughout Southwest Virginia.
- You'll receive education and materials to support you as you recover.
Our rehabilitation services include:
- Inpatient therapy - individualized rehabilitation programs to help patients regain mobility and independence
- Outpatient rehab - to continue the recovery process while living in the comfort of your home
- Physical therapy - to regain strength and function after an injury or surgical procedure
- Occupational therapy - to help recovering patients return to daily activities at home and at work
- Hand and arm therapy - to restore function of your hand or arm
- Spine stabilization - to help individuals suffering from acute, chronic or postoperative neck and back pain
- Sports rehab and training - to recover from an athletic injury
- Aquatic therapy - provided by our licensed, specially trained therapist in our indoor, heated therapy pool for those patients h mobility-limiting conditions
Learn more about our comprehensive rehabilitation services.
Preregister now to save time.