Cancer support center in Salem
In addition to providing comprehensive cancer treatment, the cancer centers of LewisGale Regional Health System provide an array of support services to help you and your family navigate your cancer journey.
For more information about our cancer support services, please call Consult-A-Nurse® at (877) 242-2362.
We encourage patients, their families and caregivers to attend a support group, meet with a social worker, receive cancer and nutritional counseling and use other support and recovery resources. These services can help speed recovery, decrease the length of hospital stays and help manage chronic conditions.
Cancer support services we offer
Our cancer support services include:
- Outpatient cancer education programs
- Cancer counseling for individuals, couples, family members and friends
- Support groups for men, women, breast cancer patients and others
- Community-based support resources, including home care and free cancer screenings
- Nutritional counseling
- Lymphedema care
- Rehabilitation services and exercise programs
- Strategies for managing emotions, pain and fatigue
- Spiritual guidance through non-denominational faith leaders
- Assistance with medical insurance and bill payment issues
We're here to help you make the most of life after cancer. We help you transition back to your everyday life, your work and your family by learning to adapt to the changes in your energy level and stamina, nutrition, medications and potential lymphedema (swelling and fluid retention). Our classes, support groups, educational resources and survivor events all help restore your quality of life.
Members of our oncology program work together to help you develop a plan for your ongoing health. Your life may return to the way it was before your cancer diagnosis and treatment. Or, if you're facing a new normal that encompasses concerns about your physical and emotional health or finances, planning for your future helps you moved forward productively.