COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing the safest and most effective care.
Birthing centers in southwest Virginia
LewisGale Regional Health System provides safe, supportive maternity services for expectant mothers and their children throughout the Roanoke Valley. Our health system offers expert care for all types of pregnancies, whether you are experiencing a high-risk pregnancy or pursuing a low-intervention birth experience.
To learn more about maternity care and childbirth at a LewisGale Regional Health System facility, contact our Consult-A-Nurse® line at (877) 242-2362.
When you choose LewisGale Regional Health System, you receive care throughout your entire pregnancy. We offer comprehensive prenatal care services to make sure you and your baby have everything you need to stay healthy throughout pregnancy. When it comes time for delivery, you will have a customized labor and delivery experience in one of our peaceful, private birthing suites.
We also offer a range of maternity classes to help you prepare for childbirth and parenthood, as well as birth center tours to help you get familiar with our facilities.Schedule a birth center tour
Trusted childbirth services close to home
When you deliver your child at a LewisGale Regional Health System facility, you receive expert care in a warm, welcoming environment. Families choose us for:
- Generations of caring for families in the Roanoke Valley. Our physicians have practiced in the community since 1909. Our experienced caregivers—including obstetricians, gynecologists, perinatologists, neonatologists, nurse practitioners and anesthesiologists—work together to ensure a safe, smooth delivery.
- Support of your preferences. You know your body best, and we trust your instincts. Our goal is to provide you with a comfortable, joyful labor and delivery experience. We also welcome and support private doula care.
- Safety for you and your baby. Our facilities are equipped with enhanced security features, including footprint technology.
- Healthcare providers committed to total health and wellness. Moms also need to care for themselves. We offer women's care for every stage of life. Our specialty services range from gynecologic care to breast care.
A personalized labor and delivery experience
Your baby will be born in a soothing, state-of-the-art birthing suite that supports intimacy and bonding right after birth. Our facilities offer:
- A calming, comfortable experience. Our spa-like birthing rooms allow you to labor your way, with the aid of your caregiver or chosen support person. Our rooms provide a tranquil environment, low lighting, peanut balls and a private shower and tub. When possible, new moms do not change rooms following delivery—you stay in the same space to recover and get to know your baby.
- Unmatched attention. Our facilities offer a one-to-one, patient-to-nurse ratio during labor and delivery, This means you have constant, expert support during childbirth.
- Welcoming, family-friendly setting. Labor and delivery can be a lengthy process. We offer comfortable accommodations for you and your partner and overnight sleeping arrangements. We also provide your chosen support person complimentary room service meals during labor, so you never have to be alone.
- Medical team prepared for all scenarios. Our team is available for anything you need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our facilities are equipped with the latest obstetric technology and resources, including an anesthesiologist and dedicated operating rooms nearby for planned, unplanned or emergency cesarean sections.
- LewisGale Physicians Midwifery. This practice is designed for women who desire less medical intervention during low-risk pregnancy, labor and birth.
Ongoing support after delivery
After you give birth, we continue to care for and support you and your baby. We offer postpartum care services, like 24/7 breastfeeding support and postpartum depression screening, while you're in the hospital and even after you transition home.