Postpartum care in southwest Virginia
After you give birth, you may need some time to adjust to your new normal. At LewisGale Regional Health System, we care for you until you're ready to leave the hospital and for weeks after you return home. Our compassionate maternity experts ensure your needs are met and that you successfully transition into parenthood.
To learn more about postpartum care services at LewisGale Regional Health System, please call (877) 242-2362.
After labor and delivery, our team supports you and your baby while ensuring you have the resources you need to help you confidently care for your newborn. Our postpartum care services include:
- Family-centered care: We practice couplet care so you and your partner can spend time with your baby in a private setting. This means your baby stays with you in the room at all times, even during most examinations. Our staffing model assures our nurses are available to spend extra time with you whenever needed.
- 24/7 breastfeeding support: Breastfeeding is a learned skill for both mom and baby. Our on-site International Board-Certified Lactation Consultants® help you breastfeed immediately after birth and throughout your hospital stay.
- A celebratory meal: We help make your experience memorable by providing you and your partner a special meal after your baby's birth.
- Postpartum depression screening: We screen all new moms for postpartum depression before leaving the hospital and will coordinate any medical care or counseling you may need.
- Baby photography: LewisGale Regional Health System partners with Mom365 for newborn portraits, which offers an online gallery for family and friends.