Wound centers in southwest Virginia
LewisGale Regional Health System's Advanced Wound Center offers patients a multidisciplinary healing approach to wound care that has been shown to speed healing, prevent complications and reduce recurrence rates. Our highly trained professionals use the most advanced technology for comprehensive, quality wound care, management and prevention.
To learn more about our advanced wound care treatments, call our Consult-A-Nurse team at (877) 242-2362.
Patients benefit from our interdisciplinary case management approach, which creates close collaboration among physicians, nurses, rehabilitation services, social services, home healthcare and other professional resources for ongoing patient care.
Types of wounds and conditions we treat
At LewisGale Regional Health System, we care for a wide range of chronic, non-healing and acute wounds stemming from:
- Vascular disease (venous or arterial)
- Diabetes or other metabolic disorders
- Bone or soft tissue infection
- Crush injuries
- Complex medical and surgical conditions
- Pressure ulcers
- Radiation injury
- Thermal burns
Wound healing technology
LewisGale Regional Health System offers southwest Virginia residents access to the most advanced technology for treating chronic wounds, including:
- Doppler technology and transcutaneous oxygen monitoring—These technologies assist physicians in assessing both the circulation and amount of oxygen available to surrounding tissue.
- Arteriography—This is an imaging procedure that generates an X-ray of the blood vessels.
- Advanced dressing regimens—Our wound healing specialists employ moist wound care principles and use advanced technologies, such as the negative pressure device, biological skin substitutes and multilayer compression wraps.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)—HBOT treatment combines an oxygen-enriched atmosphere with high pressure to increase the oxygen in the blood plasma.
In addition to advanced technology, we also offer wound care digital photography, an imaging service that enables our care team to conduct a complete medical evaluation.
Wound care team
The physicians at LewisGale Regional Health System have extensive experience in wound healing. Our specialists collaborate with experts from other medical disciplines to ensure a comprehensive plan of treatment. You benefit from the combined expertise of:
- Surgical and infectious disease specialists
- Home health providers
- Diabetic counselors
- Social workers
- Rehabilitation therapists