Salem, VA, October 1, 2015 – Medline announced today that LewisGale Regional Health System won third place, in the large-bed category, in the 2015 National Pink Glove Dance Video Competition. The winners were determined by public voting.

LewisGale received 16,902 votes for its video and won a $2,500 donation for its chosen charity, Susan G. Komen Virginia Blue Ridge.

“We could not have done this without the tremendous community support,” said Jon Bartlett, President, LewisGale Regional Health System. “We want to personally thank everyone who participated in the video and also those who took the time to vote for us. Together we are making a difference in the fight against breast cancer.” More than 100 dancers, including hospital staff, physicians, the Floyd Ward School of Dance, Salem-Fire EMS, the Salem Police Department, and community members danced wearing Medline’s pink exam gloves for breast cancer awareness, treatment and a cure.

“Congratulations to LewisGale Regional Health System for putting together such an amazing video that has grabbed the attention of thousands of people from around the country,” said Sue MacInnes, Chief Market Solutions Officer, Medline. “It is Medline’s unified mission to eradicate breast cancer. The participation from thousands of dancers over the years has helped us make a significant impact in providing breast cancer related charities with the essential resources they need to carry out education and prevention initiatives.”

This is the fifth year for the video completion. There were nine total winners throughout three categories – Large-Bed, Small-Bed and Non-Healthcare. Each winner received a donation to benefit breast cancer education and prevention initiatives for the charity of their choice.

Furthermore, as part of the facility’s fundraising efforts during the competition, LewisGale also raised an additional $2,000 for its charity Susan G. Komen Virginia Blue Ridge. The charity keeps 75 percent of its net proceeds in Southwest Virginia. The remaining 25 percent is used to fund national breast cancer research to find a cure.

“We could not do the work we are doing in the community without LewisGale’s investment in us and our mission to end breast cancer,” said Catherine Turner, Executive Director, Susan G. Komen Virginia Blue Ridge Affiliate. “Beyond the Pink Glove Dance, they donate our office space and had the largest team in the 2015 Race for the Cure with over 120 members and are already gearing up for the 2016 event.”

To watch LewisGale’s winning video, visit www.pinkglovedance.com.

About LewisGale Regional Health System
LewisGale Regional Health System includes 44 HCA-owned patient care facilities including 4 hospitals, 2 regional cancer centers, 6 outpatient centers and affiliations with both employed and independent physicians. With 3,300 employees, its annual payroll is $245.6 million. The system also paid $31 million in taxes and provided more than $125 million in uncompensated care to those most in need in 2014 alone. LewisGale is also part of HCA Virginia, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare provider in the Commonwealth with nearly 15,000 employees.

About Medline’s Pink Glove Dance Campaign
Back in 2009, Medline Industries, Inc. turned everyday exam gloves from blue to pink. This sparked the beginning of the company’s unique breast cancer education campaign. The introduction of the pink gloves helps take the scary out of detection exams and reminds nurses about the importance of creating a comfortable, friendly and open dialogue with patients. A few years later, Medline created the Pink Glove Dance video competition, bringing together nearly 200,000 healthcare professionals, patients, survivors and communities to celebrate hope for a cure and honor all who have been affected by the disease – all through the joy of dancing. More than 16 million YouTube® views later, the Medline Pink Glove Dance competition has inspired nearly 1,000 dance videos and raised more than $1 million for breast cancer charities nationwide. The original Pink Glove Dance video can be viewed here. In addition, Medline has donated $1.6 million to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) in support of its mission to save lives through early detection and offering free mammograms for women in need.

About Medline
Medline is a global manufacturer and distributor serving the healthcare industry with medical supplies and clinical solutions that help customers achieve both clinical and financial success. Headquartered in Mundelein, Ill., the company offers 350,000+ medical devices and support services through more than 1,200 direct sales representatives who are dedicated points of contact for customers across the continuum of care. For more information on Medline, go to www.medline.com or http://www.medline.com/social-media to connect with Medline on its social media channels.