New visitor restrictions effective Thursday, December 31, 2020
Not unlike other communities across the nation, Southwest Virginia has experienced a significant increase in COVID-19 cases, with hospitalizations also increasing. With that in mind, we will be implementing a No-Visitor Policy that will go into effect Thursday, December 31. While we realize that a stricter visitor policy is difficult for patients and their families, we must make this difficult decision which will allow us to provide the safest environment possible for you, as well as that of our colleagues and your patients.
The No-Visitor Policy does include the following exceptions to help meet your patients’ needs for family and religious support.
- Pediatric patients may have two visitors/advocates at a time
- Laboring mothers may have a birth partner / patient advocate during her entire stay
- Pre / post-surgical patients may have one patient advocate
- Confused and/or anxious patients may have one visitor
- Patients may have access to clergy at their request
- Exception may be made for extenuating circumstances such as patients at end of life
With each of these exceptions, one person may remain overnight.
If you are scheduling a patient for a hospital admission or facility-based service, we would greatly appreciate your help in communicating our visitor policy. For your convenience, attached is a flyer that you may provide to your patients.