Cancer clinical trials in Salem, Virginia
At LewisGale Regional Health System, we're committed to advancing cancer research and providing our patients with most advanced and innovative cancer treatment options available. That's why research and clinical trials are an important part of our mission.
Through ongoing research and trials, our staff and patients are helping develop improved procedures and technologies that can benefit cancer patients throughout southwest Virginia and the country.
For more information about cancer clinical trials and research, please call Consult-A-Nurse® at (877) 242-2362.
Cancer clinical trials we offer
Our clinical trials are continually changing. Our oncology program regularly offers trials for:
- Breast cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Head and neck cancers
- Lung cancer
- Ovarian cancer
If you're interested in participating in a clinical trial, be sure to speak with your physician.
LewisGale Regional Health System actively collects and analyzes cancer data through cancer data registries. This data is an invaluable tool in the fight against cancer both locally and nationally. Some of the uses for this data include:
- Measuring quality outcomes
- Tracking community outreach initiatives
- Supporting clinical, diagnostic and treatment research
- Evaluating the effectiveness of current treatments
- Presenting data for individualized patient treatment planning
- Submitting to local and national databases for incidence and outcome comparison